Job title: Security Officer | Casual
Company: St Vincent’s Health Australia
Job description: Job Description:
- Fitzroy location & Kew
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Casual opportunity
About the Role
You are reporting to the Security Manager and must ensure that all policies, procedures and standing orders are adhered to whilst performing duties as a Security Officer. This position involves incorporating the values of the Sisters of Charity whilst performing Security Duties, and ensuring that the Security Department delivers a best practice service whilst adhering to these values.
- Providing a safe and secure work environment for all staff, patients and visitors
- Act as Emergency/Deputy Emergency Coordinator
- Work within a highly sophisticated Security Control , monitoring CCTV Cameras, access control solution and Duress Alarms
- Respond to Emergency codes (Grey, Black)
- Adhere to a wide range of SOP’S developed specifically for the role.
The classification for this position will be GF23 ($33.78 per hour plus casual loading and superannuation)
- Current security/crowd control license (Level-2) inclusive of Control Room Operator
- A base knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is desirable.
- Sound knowledge of the Security Industry and/or other skills to introduce into Security Department
- Knowledge of Law relating to Security Services
- Knowledge of what constitutes a public place (trespass) and Victorian Road Legislation (Issuing of Parking Infringements)
- Current National criminal history check, or willing to obtain
What We Offer
- A focus on wellbeing initiatives, with regular events and programs
- Confidential, solutions-focused employee counselling
- A healthy work/life balance encouraged.
- Ability to join Fitness Passport – Your pass to an extensive choice of fitness facilities
- Salary Packaging – Increase your take home pay!
- In the heart of Fitzroy, CBD at our doorstep, close to some of Melbourne’s best cafes, public transport and lots of carparks
- Discounts and Promotions always available through our Foundation
- Regular opportunities for professional development to assist you to reach your career goals
- Culture of continuous improvement
About the Security Department
The team operates 24/7 365 days per year, the role of a security officer in health care is unique, challenging, interesting yet rewarding. As part of the security team you will join a strong experienced professional group where you will be responsible for providing a safe and secure work environment for all staff, patients and visitors attending our buildings in Fitzroy and at St Vincent’s on the Park, inclusive of asset and environment.
Working at St Vincent’s
St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is a leading teaching, research and tertiary health service. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services and is driven by values of Compassion, Justice, Integrity and Excellence.
- Please attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We encourage you to apply promptly as the advertisement may close early should a suitable applicant be sourced.
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities. Inclusion is essential to our mission and diversity reflects the community we serve.
Please visit our website, for further information regarding our
SVHA has a duty of care under work health and safety legislation to eliminate and/or control the risk of transmission of vaccine preventable diseases in healthcare settings. You may therefore be required to undergo mandatory immunisations/vaccinations (including flu vaccinations).
Position Description and Critical Job Demands Checklist: Review the following documents:
Contact Details: paul.cunningham
Alternate Contact: [email protected]
Closing Date: 20 March 2024 11:59pm
Reconciliation Action Plan:
At St Vincent’s we acknowledge the importance of creating a work environment that is welcoming, safe, equitable and inclusive for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Employees. As part of our Commitment to Reconciliation and Closing the Gap in employment related outcomes, we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
For further information, visit https or get in contact at
Code of Conduct:
Expected salary: $33.78 per hour
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Job date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 08:15:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!