Job title: Supply Chain Program Manager
Job description: DESCRIPTION
Are you obsessed with solving challenging problems? Do you think outside of the box and challenge the status quo? Are you constantly looking for ways to improve your skills and your organization?
If so, we look forward to hearing from you!
As a Program Manager within Supply Chain, you will have the opportunity to own Sales & Operations (S&OP) planning at the highest level for Amazon’s fulfillment business in Australia. You will have a holistic view of supply and demand within the Amazon fulfillment network and be an integral part in creating and implementing large scale strategic initiatives in inventory placement optimization, delivery speed, transportation cost, labor capacity management and more – all with the goal of better serving our customers. There will rarely be a perfect solution, so it will be up to you to make data driven decisions and manage stakeholder relationships while planning and executing within an ever-changing environment.
Interfacing with AU FC Operations, Transportation, Business and Tech teams, you will be a key member of the AU Supply Chain team. The role demands strong analytical and mathematical capabilities. The candidate will analyze various supply chain data and metrics to define an intelligent inventory inbound/inventory placement/Short and Long term planning for Amazon’s supply chain network to drive cost efficiency, he/she will also look into our fulfillment system/logic and optimize our outbound process. You’ll be able to contribute directly to our customers’ experience with the Amazon supply chain, impact placement of millions of units of inventory, and reduce fulfillment costs while maximizing free cash flow.
The responsibilities are as follows:
– Own 13-week planning horizon for the AU Fulfillment Network and build FC level Inbound, Outbound and Reverse Logistics volume plans
– Dive deep into data to identify opportunities to improve cost, speed, and network design of the entire Fulfillment supply chain
– Continuously measure and evaluate the departmental KPIs against goals in order to define and execute corrective actions
– Drive standardization of S&OP tools and processes to ensure scalability in a fast-growing network
– Collaborating and influencing team members, working with other business groups, and presenting projects to senior leadership on a regular basis
– Improve communication flows between all operational partners to optimize customer experience and cost where gaps exist in planning functions in the operations verticals of fulfillment, procurement, inventory placement, transportation, and technology teams
– Work closely with the other stakeholders including network/topology planning and design, capacity planning, inventory placement, customer experience and backlog management, continuously optimizing for customer experience and fulfillment efficiency.
– Partner with the global teams on system feature/logic improvements, and with local team on process improvements;
– Initiate and support the implementation of process-improvements, both the business processes and the technical solutions.
Key job responsibilities
The broad mission of the S&OP team is to align and optimize the FC network plan for labor and capacity constraints, ideal placement and buy volumes, plan accuracy, and improve tools to automate the planning process. Each week S&OP provide an accurate short to medium term aggregate fulfillment plan (up to 13 weeks) for the AU Amazon fulfillment network. The plan reflects the projected fulfillment needs of the Retail/FBA teams and partners, and includes all inbound and outbound flows across the network. The FC leadership uses this plan in making decisions on full-time and temporary labor as well as in supporting other decisions within the FCs. Also, multiple teams in AU Supply Chain and Transportation organization consume our plan to make critical weekly decisions. The plan also serves as the basis for storage and throughput planning during peak periods. Each published plan should satisfy the best given conditions of labor, storage and throughput capacity requirements of the network while minimizing the total cost to serve customer.
A day in the life
Work backwards from our customers – Consumers, FC, Transportation Network to work out their pain points resulting from Forecast Variances. Understand and analyze root causes and influence stakeholders by connecting across the organization to put in corrective actions to improve upon daily and weekly plans in line with business strategy. Being dynamic and having bias for action is a must.
About the team
Team members are key facilitators across functions to meet Speed, Volume & Cost Goals for the organization. Hence, keeping stakeholders at front of mind at all times is a key principle within this Team. Balancing priorities is a must, however, being thorough, following up and closing the loop with stakeholders on actions, priorities, trade-offs, escalations and effectiveness is key. When problem solving we bring related programs together, spent time to analyze and root cause collectively and define follow up actions, align on responsibilities and take actions in line with our bandwidth. Passionate but empathetic describes S&OP Team.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Melbourne, VIC, AUS
– 3+ years of program or project management experience
– 3+ years of working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams experience
– Bachelor’s degree
– Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
– 3+ years of driving end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership experience
– 3+ years of driving process improvements experience
Acknowledgement of country:
In the spirit of reconciliation Amazon acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected attributes.
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Job date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 07:37:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!