Job title: Speech Pathology Educator Mental Health and Wellbeing
Company: Eastern Health
Job description: Position Title Speech Pathology Educator Mental Health and Wellbeing
Employment Type Permanent Part Time
Location Eastern Health
Award Classification Health Professionals (77) (Victorian Public Mental Health Services Enterprise Agreement 2021 – 2024) – SPEECH PATH Gr4/CLIN
Hours (per fortnight) 32
Applications from Recruitment agencies will not be accepted
The successful applicant to this position will be required to undergo a pre-employment Police Check.
Speech Pathology Senior Educator – Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Permanent Part Time (30.2 hours per fortnight)
- Learning and Teaching Senior Educator Role
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
Mental Health and Wellbeing Program
Eastern Health’s Mental Health and Wellbeing Program is a leader in care delivery, innovation, research and education.
The Mental Health and Wellbeing Service works in partnership with consumer’s carers, families and other service providers, to provide high quality mental health assessments, clinical and therapeutic interventions, within a recovery oriented model of care, alongside the provision of discipline specific clinical work. The model of care includes working in close collaboration with family and carers as well as in partnership with a range of community services to support the consumer’s recovery journey.
The Mental Health & Wellbeing Program is passionate about developing and implementing key strategies to support and enhance the clinical capability of the allied health workforce in the Program and is supported by the Associate Director Allied Health Mental Health, Learning & Teaching.
About the role
The Royal Commission into Victoria’s Mental Health system has recommended that the Victorian Government prepare for workforce reform and begin addressing workforce shortages by developing educational, training pathways and recruitment strategies, together with creating discipline specific roles to ensure people with mental ill health are receiving timely, evidence based care. These initiatives included targeted programs to emerging allied health disciplines in mental health including dietetics, Speech Pathology, clinical pharmacy and speech pathology. Eastern Health has an exciting opportunity for a senior Speech Pathologist to work in an educator role to develop and implement a learner program for early career Speech Pathologists entering the mental health and wellbeing workforce. The Speech Pathology educator will be expected to support and supervise allied health clinicians and students which includes ensuring the governance and clinical requirements of the Victoria Allied Health Mental Health Early Career Expanding Disciplines learner program are met. The incumbent will work closely with the other allied health senior educators and educators and clinical teams where learners are based to support allied health mental health workforce initiatives.
- Working understanding of the recommendations of the Royal Commission into Victoria’s Mental Health System.
- Experience working in public health settings providing treatment and care to people experiencing mental ill health
- Extensive clinical experience, working with novice learners
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with excellent organisational, critical thinking, problem solving, time management and prioritisation skills
- Demonstrated competence in a leadership role, with the ability to unite teams to achieve common objectives
- Strong ability to build partnerships across varied stakeholder groups to understand requirements, identify appropriate solutions and achieve outcomes
- Excellent attention to detail and advanced Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel)
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Exhibits behaviour which reflects the Eastern Health values
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
Vaccination against infectious disease is a mandatory requirement of this role. An offer of employment is conditional on you providing evidence that you are currently vaccinated against COVID-19 with booster & Influenza, prior to commencing employment.
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range !
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today!
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health is a child safe organisation, committed to promoting the wellbeing and cultural safety of Aboriginal children, children with disabilities and all children in their diversity.
Eastern Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that welcomes and values all people. We recognise that diversity is essential in ensuring Eastern Health provides the best service to its consumers.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, those from the LGBTIQ+ community, people living with disability and those from a culturally and linguistically diverse background, are strongly encouraged to apply. Those seeking support in submitting an application are welcome to contact the hiring manger listed or feel free to contact the .
Values in Action: Respect for all | Safe always | Partnering in care | Learning and improving every day
**Please note applications will be screened upon receipt and advertising may close prior to the closing date.**
Contact Person Karen URLIC
Contact Number (03) 9895 3758
Contact Email [email protected]
Alternate Contact Person Emma Beer
Alternate Contact Number
Alternate Contact Email [email protected]
Closing Date 04/03/2024
Position Description PD_Speech Pathology MH Educator.pdf
Please note that this position will close at 11:45pm on the closing date.
Please ensure your application is added before this time as we do not accept late applications.
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Job date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 06:35:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!