Job title: Senior Solution Architect
Job description: Job Description
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
This role offers a pivotal position that allows you to have a significant impact on our customer’s experience & success in addition to being at the core of a sales team’s strategy as a member of an innovative and game changing company where diversity and passion are key and provide a unique human & employee experience.
If you like challenges and are a self-starter with a true passion for technologies & customer outcomes, then this job is for you!
At VMware by Broadcom, we strongly support and believe in our people, their imagination, ingenuity, and talent that knows no limits. You will be part of an international team that deeply values execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community.
As a Senior Solution Architect, you will be interacting externally with customers with a multitude of different requirements. Internally you will work with specific account execs and colleagues across the business from salespeople to delivery experts to highly skilled engineers and your peers. Your creativity coupled with your active listening and analytical skills will be key to positioning and selling the best solutions to provide desired business outcomes and maximum value for our customers.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
The primary objective of a Senior Solution Architect is to support VMware by Broadcom’s sales activities by engaging with customers at various levels, building trusted relationships and discovering customer needs that can be met by VMware’s comprehensive services, specifically and predominantly around the VMware Cloud Foundation platform. You will work to develop a future state architecture that will help the customers to adopt and meet their objectives around application modernisation, automation and hybrid cloud and to maximise the value from their investment.
During your first 30 days you will integrate with the ANZ Solution Architect community & learn how the team functions and operates to deliver high quality and effective solutions for our customers. You will meet the wider VMware team building relationships and start leveraging your knowledge and ideas in building solid approaches and bringing customers success. You will be provided with product training and onboarding.
After 90 days you will function as a core member of the ANZ Solutions Architect team, transitioning to become a trusted advisor both internally to sales teams and externally to VMware customers. You will create and present customer facing information while working with the customer to educate, architect and provide transformation roadmaps, helping them achieving successful business outcomes.
From this point onwards, you will aim to solidify your technical and soft skills via extensive and vast learning platforms brought to you by VMware, not only limited to its products and services, but covering lot of industry new trends. You will also be expected to share your knowledge and skillset across SA communities and peers in VMware including via junior SA’s mentoring, best practices sharing, and articles / community sharing. Additionally, you will get in touch with different VMware business units brainstorming tools and processes improvement and reflect field feedback to R&D.
You will also be working on solving complex customer business requirements and large outcome driven transformations design and recommendations. You will be expected to use your problem-solving and technical superior capabilities in creating outcomes driven base multi-dimensional solutions and long-term digital transformation roadmaps.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be promoting on a regular basis?
· You will be working directly with customers to actively listen, understand, challenge, and help to understand their business requirements
· Mapping VMware by Broadcom’s services to the customer’s desired business outcomes normally as part of a VMware team. You should be able to think past products and tailor end-to-end services solutions.
· In order to build effective relationships with customers you will be allocated to, you will apply your knowledge in one or more of the following areas – Multi-Cloud Transformation, Networking and Application Modernisation
· You will be proposing architectural designs that not only deliver technical change but also take into consideration people and processes.
· You will present, communicate, and work closely with your Account Exec and extended account teams and our customers using presentations, whiteboarding sessions, workshops, proposals, etc.
· You will support the account exec in building commercial proposals by developing sound and quantifiable technical solutions and content.
· You will ensure a smooth handover to our services delivery team providing alignment between sales and delivery to assure customer satisfaction.
· You will help build consumption and adoption roadmaps for customers to ensure value and continual engagement with VMware.
· You will act a as a key contributor to account strategy and planning aligning this with business unit strategies.
· You will support and mentor other members of the team as appropriate
· You will provide feedback to Solution Architecture Management regarding creating best practices for how to approach customers based on your knowledge from discussions with customers
· You may be involved in industry events that help promote awareness of VMware’s services.
· You will be supported in setting up and achieving personal development goals
· You will be coached and helped to author blogs and LinkedIn posts.
· You will be expected to travel as required to visit customers as required but will be fairly minimal.
· You will have at least 7 years’ experience in Pre-Sales roles and Architecture.
Location – Sydney or Melbourne
Broadcom is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with local law.
If you are located outside USA, please be sure to fill out a home address as this will be used for future correspondence.
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Job date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 05:19:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!