Job title: Senior Process Engineer
Company: Melbourne Water
Job description: Our Organisation
At Melbourne Water our work plays a crucial role in enhancing Melbourne’s renowned lifestyle. We are dedicated to providing exceptional drinking water, ensuring outstanding sewerage services, integrating drainage systems seamlessly, fostering resilience to flooding, and enhancing waterways and land for greater community engagement. As a team, we are proud to contribute to making greater Melbourne an extraordinary place to live.
Seize the chance to be a play a major role in the transformation of our Sewerage System as a Senior Process Engineer, reporting to the Manager, Sewerage Planning, and based at our Docklands Office. This role is a thrilling opportunity to bring the vision and goals of the Melbourne Sewerage Strategy to life, to ensure it continues enhance human health and wellbeing, enhance the environment and leverage valuable resources.
The Melbourne Sewerage System, including Melbourne Water’s Eastern and Western Treatment Plants, is poised for a transformation to align with future needs and expectations of Melbournians, including Net Zero, Resource Recovery, and adaptation to Climate Change. In this dynamic context, we seek an individual who is self-driven and adept at making decisions within ambiguous, complex, and uncertain environments. If you are someone who thrives in navigating challenges and is passionate about shaping a sustainable future, this is a unique opportunity to contribute to a forward-thinking organization committed to meeting the demands of tomorrow.
Join us in this impactful role and be at the forefront of positive change..
Your key responsibilities include:
- Develop strategies, policies, and plans related to the sewerage service, and work across the organisation to manage the implementation of relevant plans.
- Identifying and quantifying current and potential future sewerage systems opportunities and risks, including (but not limited to) environmental impacts, climate change, population growth and resource recovery.
- Identifying, investigating, evaluating (including development of concept designs and trials/pilots where required), and supporting development of business cases for potential future infrastructure.
- Building relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the team is well positioned to positively influence activities that impact delivery of obligations and achievement of strategic objectives.
- Managing external service providers, technical consultants and contractors
- Travel to the Eastern Treatment Plant, Western Treatment Plant and sewer network sites will be required.
For more information please see the attached PD:
Your Skills and Experience
- Possess a relevant Tertiary qualification in Engineering, specialising in Chemical, Mechanical, Environmental, or a related field.
- Demonstrated understanding of strategy development and long-term planning, coupled with expertise and technical leadership skills in formulating and executing strategies, policies, and plans, including adaptive planning.
- Knowledge of sewerage systems and sewage treatment is highly regarded, along with demonstrated expertise and technical skills in sewerage services.
- Ability to confidently, professionally, and persuasively communicate detailed technical information to diverse audiences, including senior executive and board-level stakeholders, through both written and oral formats.
- Ability to pass a Police Check and Qualification Check.
- A valid driver’s license is required for this role.
Culture at Melbourne Water
- At Melbourne Water, we cherish a culture that embraces flexibility, creates positive impact, promotes growth and development, and values people. Melbourne Water is committed to flexibility in the workplace, with the type of flexibility being dependent on the nature of the role. Recognizing the value of work-life balance benefits both Melbourne Water and our customers.
- You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact by being part of a passionate team that engages in meaningful work, enhancing the quality of life in Melbourne.
- We embrace learning and encourage the challenging of the status quo, facilitating continuous growth. Melbourne Water offers a range of learning and development opportunities, from formal programs to digital content and interactive sessions, as well as the chance to visit our sites and witness our initiatives firsthand.
- We prioritize the importance of our people, who form the foundation of everything we do. Our team members are known for their warmth, inclusivity, and welcoming nature.
- We enthusiastically welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, including people with disabilities, women, mature age and young job seekers, members of the LGBTIQA+ community, and individuals from culturally diverse backgrounds. Melbourne Water actively supports and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
How to apply
Click on the “apply” button and complete the online application form.
Closing date: Sunday 3rd March at 11:55pm AEST
22 Feb 2024 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
03 Mar 2024 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Location: Docklands, VIC
Job date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 05:11:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!