Job title: Senior Manager Performance, Remuneration and Policy
Company: St Vincent’s Health Australia
Job description: Job Description:
We draw on the talents of our people and collaborate with others who share our vision and values to continue the pioneering spirit of Mary Aikenhead and the Sisters of Charity. We are committed to providing compassionate and innovative care, enabling hope for those we serve.
Reporting directly to the National Director People Experience and Capability, the Senior Manager Performance, Remuneration and Policy role will be pivotal in supporting St Vincent’s Health Australia’s strategic priorities and ensuring the attractive and retention of high performing employees. You will be responsible for developing, implementing and overseeing HR policies and procedures as they align with our organisation’s goals, values and legal requirements.
This is a national multifaceted role encompassing the delivery of remuneration, policy and benefits frameworks and process for the organisation. You will assist in the development and implementation of performance and reward frameworks that support the delivery of strategic priorities, regularly assess the effectiveness of HR policies and procedures and make improvements where needed and foster cross-functional collaborations within the wider organisation. This position is Permanent Full Time and can be based in our Group Head Offices either Sydney NSW, Melbourne VIC or Brisbane QLD.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Provide a ‘Centre of Expertise’ service to the People and Culture team, encouraging the effective management of in-business/operational remuneration & benefits matters
- Delivering core cyclical operational remuneration services including benchmarking, market analysis/insights, salary structures, and Annual Remuneration Review
- Developing effective communication plans and briefing documents, leading the operational delivery of processes and procedures and prepare agendas for the Board Remuneration and People Committee (RPC)
- Innovatively create solutions to improve the governance and efficiency of remuneration activities and the reduction of associated risks
- Maintain accurate records, training materials and data to effectively adapt and implement changes and improvements where needed
Things that work for us:
- Strong understanding of relevant HR legislation, Enterprise Agreements, NES & Modern Awards
- Demonstrated experience managing annual remuneration reviews and incentive programs
- Bachelor / Certification in Human Resources or qualified by equivalent experience
- Substantial knowledge and experience of performance and reward frameworks, remuneration benchmarking, Mercer job evaluation (or similar), incentive design principles and benefits
- Considerable experience within a similar organisation in a broad-based remuneration & benefits role, including executive remuneration experience
- Practical knowledge of remuneration and benefits theory, design & methodologies, employment legislation and taxation
- Current 2023 Flu Vaccine and a minimum of two (2) COVID-19 Vaccinations
- National Criminal History Check (within the last 6 months)
Things that work for you:
- Ability to visibly see your impact on the business and its service
- Competitive salary packaging options
- Discounted private health insurance
- Employee Assistance Program for staff and their families
- Access to the Fitness Passport (FP)
Why become part of the St Vincent’s family?
Our values underpin all that we do and are demonstrated through our everyday actions, giving our mission and vision life. St Vincent’s Health Australia is the largest diversified health care organisation within Australia’s not for profit Catholic health care sector. St Vincent’s is a clinical, research and education leader and operator of private hospitals, public hospitals and aged care services in New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland.
At St Vincent’s we value inclusivity and diversity and acknowledge the important of creating a work environment that is welcome, safe, fair and impartial and invite people from all backgrounds to join our caring family.
Reconciliation Action Plan
As part of our Commitment to Reconciliation and Closing the Gap in employment related outcomes, we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples. For further information, visit .
Interested? Apply today as we will be progressing applications throughout the advertising period!
Respectfully – No Recruitment Agencies please.
Position Description and Critical Job Demands Checklist: Review the following documents:
Contact Details: Fiona Prestedge, [email protected]
Closing Date: 25 February 2024 11:59pm
Reconciliation Action Plan:
At St Vincent’s we acknowledge the importance of creating a work environment that is welcoming, safe, equitable and inclusive for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Employees. As part of our Commitment to Reconciliation and Closing the Gap in employment related outcomes, we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
For further information, visit https or get in contact at
Code of Conduct:
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Job date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 04:36:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!