Job title: Senior Manager Commercial and Event Partnerships
Company: City of Melbourne
- A career-defining opportunity where your leadership will have a lasting impact on the cultural heartbeat of Melbourne.
- Permanent full time opportunity based in one of our beautiful Melbourne CBD Offices.
- Attractive salary package on offer + flexible work arrangements
About City of Melbourne
Situated on the traditional lands of the Bunurong Boon Wurrung and Wurundjeri Woi-wurrung peoples of the Kulin nation, Melbourne has long been considered one of the world’s most liveable and prosperous cities and a thriving, successful example of multiculturalism and diversity. At the heart of this is the City of Melbourne, a proud organisation positioned to excel as a leading capital city by delivering what matters most to those who work, live, study, visit and invest here.
We are the City Of Melbourne, a place to be bold and inspirational.
About the Role & Team:
We are currently looking for a Senior Manager – Commercial and Events Partnership to join our exciting and creative Experience Melbourne branch. Experience Melbourne is the epicentre of all things exciting including events, destination marketing and tourism at the City of Melbourne.
In this pivotal role, shape the success of premier events by acquiring and developing high-level commercial partnerships, ensuring revenue targets are met and contributing to the overall success of our event program.
Your responsibilities also extend to managing event sponsorships, steering the governance process, and crafting strategies to deliver enhanced event impact. Collaborate closely with the Head of Marketing and Digital to create commercial opportunities for our events program and identify broader opportunities across the branch.
As a key member of the Experience Melbourne executive leadership team, actively contribute to strategic planning, business development, performance reporting, and other corporate management requirements. Be part of a vibrant team and make a significant impact on Melbourne’s dynamic cultural landscape.
To view full position description, please see attached document on job application page in “Position Information”.
What you will bring to City of Melbourne
- Tertiary level qualification in a relevant discipline and extensive experience in the areas of commercial, sponsorship sales and negotiation, sponsorship product development and management, sponsorship activation, event marketing, communications, advertising or brand marketing.
- Extensive relevant experience in developing and managing the successful delivery of strategic objectives in a complex business environment within rigorous policy, risk and governance frameworks, as well as evidence of building strong commercial based relationships with stakeholders.
- A strong understanding of the role of major events in delivering on key Capital City economic, social and sustainability objectives.
- Excellent prioritisation and time-management skills to leverage Commercial partnerships.
- Highly developed strategic thinking, analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to take the initiative, drive change and continuous improvement.
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills and the ability to deal with a diverse range of stakeholders with competing expectations.
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to develop effective partnerships, negotiate, present positions and information, influence outcomes, whilst representing the organisation across all levels.
- Proven experience effectively managing issues within a highly political and complex environment.
What we can offer you at City of Melbourne
- Attractive Remuneration & Benefits: Excellent pay package with a range of exciting benefits. Flexible working, salary packaging, excellent leave entitlements; including 20 Weeks paid parental leave, study assistance & great corporate discounts through our CoM Unity Employee Benefits program.
- Permanent Opportunity: Permanent full time opportunity based in one of our beautiful Melbourne CBD Offices
- Work-Life Balance and Hybrid Working: At the City of Melbourne, we champion work-life balance; manage your own schedule, work from home, and explore alternative work arrangements, including ADO options.
- Strategic Leadership: Take the wheel in shaping and executing high-impact commercial and events partnership strategies to elevate Experience Melbourne and presence in the global market
- Innovative & Inclusive Culture: Be part of an organisation that values innovation, where your creativity and strategic thinking will be celebrated and integrated into the fabric of our commercial and events partnership initiatives.
How to apply…
If you thrive in a dynamic environment, are adept at forging strategic partnerships, and have a passion for elevating premier events, we invite you to join our team at Experience Melbourne.
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- Attach your resume
- Attach a cover letter addressing the selection criteria (no more than 2 pages)
Please submit your application encompassing all of the above by 11:45pm Sunday 3rd March 2024.
For further information about the position please refer to the position description below or contact Louise Scott – Director, Experience Melbourne, via email:
Please be aware that we are actively recruiting for this position so you may be contacted prior to application close date.
For those interested in , the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits. If you have any questions, or for more information, please contact
City of Melbourne conducts a safety screening process for all employees including a Police and Working with Children Check. The City of Melbourne is a child safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse. For information about the broader collection and use of personal information by the City of Melbourne, please refer to our .
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Job date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 02:55:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!