Job title: Senior Lecturer, Nursing
Company: Deakin University
Job description: Senior Lecturer, Nursing
Deakin University invites applications for a Senior Lecturer in Nursing. Lead and inspire with expertise in healthcare education. Apply now!
- Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus
- Full-time and continuing
- Level C $132,664 – $152,551 + 17% Superannuation
Why work with us?
At Deakin you will have access to benefits such as a variety of leave options including generous parental leave and the ability to purchase additional leave; flexible working arrangements to help manage your work-life balance; ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow your career; an inclusive and supportive culture and environment to work in, both online and on campus.
About the position:
The Senior Lecturer will be required to teach, undertake research, publish and attract research funding in the discipline of nursing. The appointee will promote the School and establish and maintain links and partnerships with the academic, industry and professional communities. The appointee will make an independent contribution to the School of Nursing and Midwifery and Faculty’s teaching, research, program development, and relevant service activities.
As a Senior Lecturer, you will:
- Demonstrate excellent scholarly learning and teaching at the higher education level with an emerging reputation at the national level
- Have a reputation at the national level in research and scholarship, through publication and conference presentations
- Lead teaching and learning capability related to discipline or pedagogy, and support the professional development of other academics, including formal mentoring
- Provide leadership in teaching and learning through roles such as Course Director
To be successful, you’ll:
- Be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a registered nurse
- Hold a PhD in a relevant discipline
- Have an excellent record of scholarly learning and teaching in undergraduate and/or postgraduate programs, including developing innovative curricula
- Have expertise in multi-literacies and experience in teaching effectively in a technology enhanced contemporary higher education environment
- Be experienced in supervising research students
Here’s how to apply:
Please submit your updated resume, a short cover letter and responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role, please contact Prof Nikki Phillips, Head, School Nursing and Midwifery, on [email protected]
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
Applications for this position close on the 19th of February2023 11.55pm.
Successful applicants will need to comply with vaccination mandates imposed by the relevant state/territory government. Applicants who attend third-party sites to undertake University activities will also be required to comply with any other directions or requirements in place at the third-party location.
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic, and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
Expected salary: $132664 – 152551 per year
Location: Burwood, VIC – Melbourne, VIC
Job date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 01:27:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!