Job title: Senior Educational Technologist Digital Assessment (2 x Positions Available)
Company: The University of Melbourne
Job description: Senior Educational Technologist Digital Assessment (2 x Positions Available)
Job no: 0061731
Role type: Full-time; Continuing
Department: Student and Scholarly Services
Salary: UOM 7 – $102,338 – $110,780 p.a. plus 17% super
- Transform digital learning & assessment with opportunities to explore a broad range of educational technologies.
- Support digital assessment initiatives, ensuring seamless learning experiences.
- Brilliant benefits and a flexible hybrid work environment!
About the Role
Join our dynamic Academic Services & Digital Experience (ASDE) Team as a Senior Educational Technologist (Digital Assessment).
As part of a close-knit group of experts in educational technology, you’ll play a pivotal role in managing and enhancing our university’s suite of digital learning tools. Specifically, you’ll specialise in Digital Assessment and Examinations, ensuring smooth operations and supporting faculty members across all disciplines.
Your responsibilities will include configuring and testing educational systems, collaborating with various departments, and providing top-notch user support. You’ll also work closely with our Exams Unit and IT Support to deliver efficient digital examination services.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Manager, Digital Assessment, and senior staff in Scholarly Services by leveraging your technical expertise to implement strategic learning initiatives. Using university-provided tools and support services, focusing on enhancing Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) in assessment and exam settings. .
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders, and shared services staff to ensure high-quality service management for digital assessment at the University. Coordinate casual staff and support project teams as needed to enhance teaching and learning support.
- Participating in strategic discovery projects and pilots related to the enterprise learning technologies suite, collaborating with university teams to drive innovation and exploration efforts.
- Offering guidance and addressing intricate service and technical inquiries based on established policies and guidelines with clear, compliant resolutions.
Who we are looking for
Are you an experienced educational technologist ready to make a difference? We’re looking for proactive individuals who excel in managing complex user support requests and driving positive outcomes in online educational environments. With exceptional communication skills and a passion for coaching and knowledge sharing, you’ll thrive in our dynamic team, ensuring high levels of satisfaction among staff and students. Bring your keen eye for detail and commitment to continuous improvement as we leverage system information for insights and advancements. Stay ahead of industry trends and join us in shaping the future of education. If you’re passionate about innovating teaching and learning with technology, apply now and be part of our transformative journey!
You will also have:
- Tertiary qualification with strong relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Proven expertise in managing Learning Management Systems and associated teaching technologies in large institutional setups, including Digital Assessment Technologies experience.
- Demonstrable experience with industry standards and best practices in planning and operations for educational and ICT service delivery.
- Ability to develop and implement sustainable solutions under pressure, aligning with strategic and tactical needs to advance learning and teaching goals both centrally and locally.
For further information regarding responsibilities and requirements please refer to the attached PD.
To ensure the University continues to provide a safe environment for everyone, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This role requires current valid work rights for Australia.
Your new team – Student and Scholarly Services
Student and Scholarly Services provides student administration and services from recruitment and point of enquiry to graduation. This team also delivers wellbeing and scholarly services to students and staff.
Learning Environments is a part of the Teaching and Learning Innovation portfolio within Scholarly Services, which is responsible for the support of staff and students in their teaching and learning at the University through learning design support, educational technology support, library services, and video and media production.
What we offer you!
In addition, we offer the opportunity to be part of a vibrant community and enjoy a range of benefits including generous leave provisions, salary packaging, health and well-being services, and discounts on graduate courses. For more information check out page!
The University of Melbourne
We’re tightly connected with the community, both at home and abroad. We take pride in our people, who all contribute to our mission to benefit society through the transformative impact of education and research. Discover more via and stay connected with our stories and people on .
The University of Melbourne values the unique backgrounds, experiences, and contributions that each person brings to our community and welcomes and celebrates diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, parents, carers, people of all ages, abilities, and genders, and people of diverse ethnicity, nationality, and faith are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. For more information please visit page.
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier-free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require reasonable adjustments, please contact Kim Groizard at , with an email containing your name and contact details for a confidential discussion. Please ensure your email is titled “Reasonable Adjustments Request”.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We aspire to be the University of choice for Indigenous Australians, with unprecedented investment to attract, nurture, and retain Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and staff. Tangible support through a range of programs and initiatives will ensure that you personally succeed and flourish while at the University of Melbourne.
For further information, including our 2023-2027 Indigenous strategy please visit –
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with the following documents:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and experience
Please note that you are not required to respond to the selection criteria in the Position Description.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please feel free to contact Maddison Ryan via email at , ensuring that you include the Position Number and the Job Title as the subject. Please do not share your application to this email address.
Advertised: 20 Feb 2024 12:05 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 06 Mar 2024 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Expected salary: $102338 – 110780 per year
Location: Parkville, VIC
Job date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 07:37:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!