Job title: Senior Compliance Advisor
Company: Origin Energy
- Be part of the Origin Energy Retail transformation journey!
- A passionate and motivated team that truly value making a change to customers and communities
- Permanent Opportunity | 2 days in office based in Melbourne CBD
Delivering good energy starts from within
It’s an exciting time to join Origin. Creating a great place to work means together we’re progressing our ambition to lead the energy transition through cleaner energy and customer solutions. We’re always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
About the role
Are you ready to take your compliance or legal expertise to the next level? If you’re passionate about precision, compliance, and exceptional customer service, we have an exciting opportunity for you. You will be an integral part of our inclusive and collaborative legal and compliance team and report to the Group Compliance Leader & Privacy Officer.
Why the role matters
This is a critical role for our Retail X business, with the accountability for providing seasoned compliance advice based on your experience in the energy regulatory space. This role works with internal stakeholders across our Retail X business and also involves engaging with regulators in response to their queries and requests for information. Your responsibilities will include:
- Give clear, concise, accurate, timely and commercial regulatory compliance advice in a complex and high-risk regulatory environment.
- Play a critical role in the design of the new Origin IT system and operating model.
- Interpret and communicate complex regulatory changes, while working closely with business stakeholders.
- Lead investigation and remediation of compliance incidents, drafting responses to regulators on complex issues.
- Design and deliver training, summaries, and guidelines, driving awareness and culture across Retail X.
What will you bring?
You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to influence senior leadership decision making. Ideally you will have a broad expertise in a heavily regulated industry, with expertise within energy retail regulatory frameworks. You should also bring:
- Relevant tertiary qualification – legal, commerce or related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in a compliance, regulatory, legal or related role in a corporate environment.
- Sound judgement and excellent communications skills when dealing with internal and external stakeholders, including regulators.
- Strong analytical skills
- Independence in decision making and resolution of problems, exercising judgement and leadership on compliance issues.
- Creative problem-solving skills, flexible and adaptable
So why join us?
- Contribute to Australia’s low-carbon economy and shape the future of energy.
- Join a dynamic team with inclusive leadership, where your ideas are valued.
- Embrace work-life balance with a hybrid working model (2 days in the office).
- Enjoy a central CBD location with easy access to parking and public transport.
- Unlock discounted Origin benefits on Electrical, Gas, and Internet services.
- Explore unique and cost-effective employee EV Car subscriptions.
Origin – Where good change happens
At Origin, we’re powered by people who believe in creating change.
We are committed to fostering a diverse, gender equitable workforce, where everyone is welcome, and all applications are evaluated on merit and potential. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, people living with disabilities, culturally diverse people, any stage in life, people with intersex variations and people within LGBTQ+ communities, including trans and gender diverse.
Enjoy a challenging career in an exciting industry where you can grow and explore your potential. If you think you have transferable skills, an appetite to learn and would be a great fit, we’d love to hear from you.
Here’s a little about us: https://www.originenergy.com.au/about/careers/
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Job date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 23:08:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!