Job title: Senior AOD Clinician – Custodial Forensi
Company: The Royal Melbourne Hospital
Job description: Senior AOD Clinician – Custodial Forensic Youth Mental Health Service
- Excellent next step for a Senior Mental Health Clinician with AOD skills
- Full-time ongoing role | Monthly ADOs and excellent training + prof dev
- Work within a skilled and spportive multidisciplinary team
Your new team
Forming part of the Orygen Specialist Program (OSP), a program of The Royal Melbourne Hospital, the Custodial Forensic Youth Mental Health Service (FYMHS) team provides specialist youth mental health care in custodial settings (Parkville and Cherry Creek sites) to young people and their families/carers.
Your new role:
This is a multidisciplinary role and is open to Registered Psychiatric Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers and Psychologists (Clinical, Forensic & Neuropsychology endorsed).
You will be joining the team in a newly created AOD specialist role to help develop and support an enhanced model of care across our Custodial FYMHS. In this role, you will:
- Support the development and expansion of custodial mental health services within youth justice settings across Parkville and Cherry Creek
- Assist and support young people in custody to address harmful behaviours resulting from problematic alcohol and the drug use
- Support the implementation of substance use evidence-based practice identification, assessment and interventions for young people in custody
- Relevant registration and qualifications (see attached position description)
- Demonstrated experience in the application of clinical practice in the mental health field and specifically with young people experiencing mental health disorders
- Demonstrated understanding of interventions for reducing alcohol and drug related harm
- Knowledge of the youth justice and/or criminal justice system and other relevant sectors
Benefit of working with Orygen Specialist Program:
- Join us during this incredibly exciting time of growth and change – career progression opportunities to suit your professional development goals
- Enjoy excellent work-life balance working in a supportive and collaborative team
- Salary packaging and monthly ADO’s in full-time positions!
If you are looking for a challenging role and can demonstrate the above capabilities, connect with us via the details below.
Please note: recruitment is ongoing, with interviews commencing as soon as suitable applications are received. Advertising may cease prior to the closing date.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check, and where applicable, Working With Children Check (WWCC). All RMH employees are required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment including evidence of vaccination against COVID-19 (3 doses) prior to commencement. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19.
Forming part of the Orygen Specialist Program (OSP), a program of The Royal Melbourne Hospital, the Custodial Forensic Youth Mental Health Service (FYMHS) team provides specialist youth mental health care in custodial settings (Parkville, Malmsbury and Cherry Creek sites) to young people and their families/carers.
Location: Parkville, VIC
Job date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 01:10:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!