Job title: Senior Advisor Business Lending Portfolio
- Join our high performing Business Lending Product Team
- Permanent Opportunity with flexibility and the tools you need for success
- Flexible location across Brisbane or Melbourne candidates considered
In the Senior Advisor Business – Business Lending Portfolio role you will developing business lending growth strategies and solutions, and managing inherent risks for the Business lending portfolio. The role will support the execution of strategic and tactical portfolio initiatives to drive sustainable and profitable growth through data driven insights and disciplined change delivery.
What you’ll do
- Support the development of Asset Writing Strategy for each of the core business segments/ asset classes (Commercial Real Estate, Agribusiness, and Commercial) through providing portfolio analysis, industry insights and distribution proposition
- Support the delivery of business lending strategic initiatives (including distribution channel enablement and optimisation, implementation of policy and process changes across business bank, enhancement of business lending processes/models/scorecards, monitoring and uplift in origination quality, etc.)
- Develop metrics and reporting mechanism to enable active monitoring of the risk & return profile of the business lending portfolio
- Lead the preparation of regular or ad-hoc analysis or presentations to support paper submissions to various risk committees (BBRC, BCRC, Unregulated Lending QA Forum)
- Actively promote a culture of Risk and Compliance awareness.
- Work within the defined tolerances of the Bank’s Risk Appetite Statement, to role model and drive a positive risk culture delivering a balanced risk / reward outcome.
- Ensure sound risk management principles and systems are in place. This includes proactively identifying risks, implementing actions and improvements and monitoring remedial outcomes.
What you’ll need to bring
- Tertiary Qualifications in business, commerce, economics or finance.
- Minimum 5 years of business management in business banking environment.
- Demonstrated experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis, complex problem solving, initiative delivery with deadlines and working with diverse and challenging stakeholders.
- Superior level of attention to detail.
- Good understanding of risk management principles and regulations relevant to the bank.
- Comfort and expertise dealing with large data sets in excel and/or SQL databases.
- Background in credit risk or frontline.
About Suncorp Group:
We’re proud to be a part of the Suncorp Group family alongside some of Australia’s most trusted and diverse names in insurance. Together, we share a drive to make the complex simple and bring our customers peace of mind when it matters most – while helping to evolve and innovate the ways we can serve our community every day. That comes with all kinds of exciting opportunities for you to grow your own career. Whether you’re guiding people through life’s biggest moments or providing them with support in times they need it most, you’ll be driven forward by our shared customer obsession and supported at every step of the journey.
Chase the sun, apply today!
Important note: In July 2022, Suncorp announced to the market that it had entered into an agreement to sell the Suncorp Bank business to Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ANZ) (the Sale). The Sale remains subject to regulatory and government approvals (including Australian Competition Tribunal approval). If all approvals for the Sale are received, this role will transition to Suncorp-Metway Limited (SML) which will become part of the ANZ corporate group.
By applying for this role, you agree that Suncorp may provide your application details (which may include your personal information) to ANZ if/when the Sale is finalised if (a) the recruitment process is still underway, or (b) your application for this role is successful. You also acknowledge that if/when the Sale is finalised ANZ may conduct pre-employment screening checks as part of their profile process. Please see the Applicant Privacy Statement for more detail.
Location: Melbourne, VIC – Brisbane, QLD
Job date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 05:31:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!