Job title: Sales Data Analyst
Company: Penguin Random House
Job description: Sales Data Analyst, Online and Digital Sales team
At Penguin Random House Australia, we strive to be the best home for our authors and people, the most service-oriented partner for our customers and to put readers at the centre of everything we do.
An opportunity exists for an analytical, entrepreneurial and detail-driven Sales Data Analyst to join our team in the Melbourne office. In this role you will use sales data from internal and external sources to discover and maximise opportunities to improve sales performance with online retailers. You will work with digital and physical books, analysing pricing, in-stock performance, as well as conversion rates across large volumes of titles.
You will work with internal teams across our sales, product and commercial teams, helping to run and interpret existing reporting, as well as looking for new opportunities to use retailer data to drive sales and market share growth.
You’ll undertake tasks including:
- Reporting on sales performance across eBooks, audio and physical books using internal and customer data sources
- Reporting on, and updating, pricing across digital products and measuring performance through pricing experimentation and promotional analysis
- Making sales-focused improvements by adding new reporting on sales trends by titles and subjects
- Combining retailer and internal reporting to view end-to-end sales performance including in-stock performance and conversion rates
- Designing and building Power Bi reports
- Reporting on customer search term data
- Liaising with other teams on areas for improvement, including product teams and commercial / finance teams
- Liaising with customers on improvements and troubleshooting
- The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail and be able to work analytically with large volumes of data.
- You will be able to extrapolate insights with sales focused thinking, finding opportunities and making recommendations for actions and process improvements.
- You may have previous experience in an analytical data role, or you could be a new graduate looking to use your skills in the workforce for the first time.
- You will have an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel as well as previous experience with a data analysis system such as Power BI and/or Tableau.
- Experience with Business Objects, Business Intelligence and Amazon Vendor central reporting are desired but not essential.
- Experience or qualifications in data analytics / data science are a requirement.
If this sounds like you, we invite you to apply now. All applications must include a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
Due to the high volume of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Penguin Random House is the world’s largest trade book publisher, boasting an impressive list of authors from cherished favourites to future classics across many genres and platforms. In Australia and New Zealand, we are proud to work with the most talented writers, thinkers and achievers and publish a diverse range of local and international voices. We are the leading publisher distributing books across Australia and New Zealand, focusing on speed and reliability to reach our customers and bring the very best books to readers everywhere. Our 400+ creative and passionate people from various backgrounds and experiences work together to uphold our reputation for excellence and clear commitment to service throughout the entire publishing process, and help us to achieve exceptional results. More information can be found at and .
Penguin Random House is committed to providing a workplace and culture that values diversity and inclusion across all levels of the business. We recognise and acknowledge the contribution of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. This includes, however is not limited to, differences in gender, age, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and family status.
Company: Penguin Random House Australia Pty Ltd
Postal Code: 3006
Job ID: 267975
Date: Feb 12, 2024
Melbourne, VIC, AU, 3006
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Job date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 08:24:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!