Job title: Restaurant Manager
Job description: Company Description
Sofitel Melbourne On Collins, the ultimate luxury hotel escape in the heart of Melbourne city centre. Combining French elegance and modern luxury, curating dining experiences where our passionate chefs and mixologists delight our guest in a lively culinary experience whilst overlooking the city skyline. As a Hotel for the Arts, Sofitel Melbourne on Collins proudly champions culture and tradition with rotating art exhibitions and is immersed in the city’s thriving arts and entertainment scene.
- 5-star luxury in the heart of the Melbourne’s shopping, theatre and business precincts
- 363 rooms with breathtaking views over Melbourne
- Exclusive Club Lounge that offers club guests that elevated French joie-de-vivre experience
- Sophisticated modern dining with vibrant contemporary French flair at No35 restaurant
- Unique signature cocktails & refined exclusive ambience at Atrium Bar on 35
Be accountable for the operations of our renowned No35 Restaurant through effective people management, exceeding guest expectation at each contact point. Maximising revenue opportunities whilst maintaining cost controls. This is a ‘hands on’ role with a strong service focus. You will provide exceptional service whilst working as part of a team. Ensure the procedures and policies of the department are established through consultation with management and maintained through training, workplace observation, coaching and development of individuals.
- Demonstrate a strong ‘ownership’ of the outlet through commitment to the following areas of responsibility:
- Oversee the administration, orientation and induction of all ambassadors in Department.
- Be present in the hotel as required by business demands or guest and ambassador needs.
- Oversee and assist in the management of effective use of yield within the Restaurant for all meal periods.
- Supervision, development and support of Ambassadors to ensure standards and procedures are observed to provide a consistent, high level of service for all guest contact.
- Achieve a level of service quality and professionalism that consistently meets and exceeds the expectations of guest and market expectation’s
- Attend to major operational problems and needs promptly including guest complaints, enquiries and requests. Practice positive problem solving in all aspects of guest service.
- Lead by example when attending to internal and external guest requests. Show efficiency in constantly striving to provide total guest satisfaction.
- Ensure all Ambassadors under direct supervision are managed in accordance to the Relevant Award, Individual Contract, Workplace Agreement or Collective / Individual Agreement.
– Minimum of 4 years managerial experience with a track record of managing large teams
– Good understanding of local and international wines
– Full availability across 7 days, AM and PM
– Excellent communicator
– must have full working rights in Australia, no sponsorship available
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Job date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 23:17:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!