Job title: Receptionist/Administration
Company: Alfred Health
Job description: Alfred Health
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Part-time at 30 hours per fortnight
Managers and Administrative Worker Grade 2 Level 1 (HS2) Classification
Alfred Hospital Location
The Speech Pathology Department & Service is coordinated across Alfred Health including The Alfred, Caulfield Hospital and Sandringham Hospital. At The Alfred, a Speech Pathology service is provided to inpatients on all units and outpatients as referred through medical clinics.
The Position Summary
The Administrative Support and Receptionist role works closely with a diverse range of clients, carers, health professionals and external agencies across Caulfield Hospital. This is a multi·skilled support position that provides a clinical interface between patients/carers attending the Allied Health precinct and Allied Health staff. The position involves the provision of professional administrative, reception, telephone and secretarial functions within Allied Health. Duties may include, and not limited to; the provision of information to consumers, data collection and entry, assisting allied health clinicians to manage day-to-day appointments, fee collection, financial reconciliation, filing, and requisition/ordering of internal and external account processes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Reception, Telephone, Financial support
- Providing prompt and professional telephone, reception and administrative services for clients, carers, health professionals and external organisations
- Making and managing Interpreter bookings for patients/carers
- Screening and directing phone calls, enquiries and facsimile transmissions to appropriate services.
- Supporting the use of Cerner Scheduling and assisting with administrative processes within the Scheduling system as required.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Well-developed administrative, reception and telephone skills
- Excellent time management and work prioritisation skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge and understanding of confidentiality and privacy legislation
- Medical record knowledge and/or experience
- Experience in working within a healthcare setting
- Experience with Cerner Applications
Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
Discounted Health Insurance
Car Parking (subject to availability)
Onsite Gym (Alfred Hospital)
Close to shops and public transport
Please send all enquiries to Speech Pathology Manager, Kate Lawlor, 9076 6481 or
Applications close Thursday, 8 February 2024
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister’s Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Job date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 07:10:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!