Job title: Membership Sales Representative
Company: Melbourne Storm Rugby League Club
Job description: Melbourne Storm is an Australian professional rugby league club playing in the National Rugby League (NRL) competition. We are the only NRL team based in Victoria and have experienced substantial growth and success in our short history.
About the role
Reporting to the Membership Sales Manager, a unique opportunity exists for a highly motivated, sales and service focused individual to join the Melbourne Storm team on a full time, maximum term contract, with a possibility to extend. This role will be crucial in growing our Club’s respective membership bases.
The Membership Sales Representative is required to work both as part of a team and autonomously. Responsible for the achievement their own daily sales figures through a combination of inbound and outbound calls to members and prospects, the ability to identify new member prospects and upgrade membership packages through strong sales techniques in integral to success in this role.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Making outbound sales calls to non-renewed members and prospects, and to current members for package upgrades.
- Processing new memberships and renewals through the Group’s respective systems (Archtics and Fortis).
- Executing acquisition and retention plans for the membership team as directed by the Membership Sales Manager.
- Delivering upon agreed acquisition and retention targets and other KPIs.
- Bringing a sales focus to each and every membership interaction.
- Responding in a timely and professional manner to all customer communications and issues.
- Ensuring all personal details are entered accurately and privacy requirements are upheld.
- Be available to work at designated Storm home games at AAMI Park throughout the season, with the possibility of a working role at other club functions and junior clinics, as required, including Sunshine Coast Lightning.
- Acting as a positive advocate and promoting Melbourne Storm and Sunshine Coast Lighting at all times.
- An exceptional sales focus with a drive to meet targets.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in a membership or sales role/team.
- Second to none customer service skills.
- An outstanding phone manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop positive relationships at all levels.
- An energetic, optimising and resilient attitude with a willingness to take on varied tasks and display initiative.
- Working knowledge of customer relationship databases will be highly regarded.
What we offer
- Free parking onsite
- State of the art free gym access
- Access to Paid Parental Leave for primary care givers
- Free access to all Melbourne Storm home games + additional tickets for friends and/or family
- Tickets to Storm Player of the Year Award, Life Members Dinner, Christmas Party and many other nominated Club events.
- Indulge in some fun! Our social committee organise Club events on a quarterly basis.
- Access to our EAP service Benestar who assist with improving employee health, happiness, and life satisfaction.
- 30% off Melbourne Storm merchandise
- Discounts from Storm partners including Hush Puppies, Steeden, Pancake Parlour, Grill’d and more.
- Access to an annual Flu Vaccine.
- Internal Professional Development opportunities
- National Police / Criminal History Check
- Working with Children / Working with Vulnerable People Check
For the opportunity to demonstrate your drive, ambition and skills to thrive in our fast-paced environment, please send your written application, including both covering letter and CV to Emma Loraine via .
Applications close 5pm, 12 February 2024
Melbourne Storm values diversity and inclusion and we embrace individual difference. We encourage all suitable applicants to apply for this role, including First Nations peoples.
Please note that the successful candidate will need to meet NRL accreditation requirements, and all employment is subject to a National Police Record clearance and valid Working with Children Check. Our organisation is committed to complying with Child Safety Standards
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Job date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 23:10:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!