Job title: Manager, Performance and Costing
Company: Alfred Health
Job description: Alfred Health
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent full time
- 80 hours per fortnight – including an ADO
- Alfred hospital location
- Manager, Performance and Costing – HS7 classification
The Finance Department provides financial services to Alfred Health. This consists of Performance Analysis, Financial Accounting, Business Partners, Management Accounting, Clinical Performance Unit, Accounts Payable and Receivables, patient billing, treasury, payroll and supply.
The Performance Analysis area is responsible for providing an advisory service around case-mix, clinical costing, health data analysis, funding and admission policy, as well as serving in a governance capacity around submissions to the Department of Health and Human Services, Health Round Table, and other external agencies.
The relationship between costing and funding is becoming closer each year. Understanding activity and cost and how what we do fits into current and future funding models is key to the financial sustainability of the health service. We are seeking a person who can combine their knowledge of public health services together with their analytical skill. Whilst this role is in the Finance Department there is no requirement to have had previous finance training or background.
The Performance Analysis area is a unit within Finance and is responsible for providing an advisory service around case-mix, clinical costing, health data analysis, funding and admission policy, as well as serving in a governance capacity around submissions to the Department of Health and Human Services, Health Round Table, and other external agencies.
Reporting to the Director, Performance Analysis, this will be a senior role within the unit and includes one direct report. A key focus of the position will be managing the clinical costing process within Alfred Health as well as how to strategically utilise costing, revenue and activity-based funding to improve the organisation’s understanding of the financial effectiveness of its services. Key contacts for this position include the Business Partnering group and Operations Executive.
Based at The Alfred Hospital and as part of a small diverse team, this role offers consistent opportunities to work closely with executives, managers and teams in both clinical and business service domains. You will thrive in this environment if at the core you are a team player, relationship builder, systems thinker and creative problem solver.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to details and data rigour
- Solid business experience and able to demonstrate the ability to interpret activity, financial, and other business data
- Some experience working in the health sector and knowledge of Public Health
- Experience in working with large complex data sets
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to liaise at all levels of the organisation
- Good organisational, time management, written and verbal skills
- Tertiary qualifications and/or extensive experience in an appropriate field
- Health service experience and working knowledge of Casemix and funding models
- Good understanding of accounting practices
- Strong IT skills
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
- Great work/life balance
For further information about this opportunity, please review the position description or direct enquiries to:
If you have questions, please contact Paul Barfett, Director Performance Analysis at [email protected]
Applications Close: 11pm AEST, Thursday 14th March 2024
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister’s Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Job date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 05:15:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!