Job title: Learn to Swim Team Leader
Company: Melbourne Sports Centres
Job description: About State Sport Centres:
Are you ready to be a crucial part of the dynamic world of State Sport Centres? We are the heartbeat of premier multi-sport facilities in Victoria, dedicated to fostering peak performance, unlocking potential, and delivering world-class events. State Sport Centres are more than just facilities; we’re the driving force behind sports enthusiasts reaching new heights. We exist to fuel passion, inspire excellence, and contribute to the well-being of the Victorian community. Join the team that transforms the sports landscape and creates a legacy of excitement, engagement, and inspiration.
About the role:
The Learn to Swim Team Leader is responsible for leading the Swim School based at Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre (MSAC). The primary focus of this role is Swim School program coordination, staff support and recruitment, development of programs that are customer focused and in line with the organisations business plan targets as well as teaching outcomes and assist in the development of our school swimming program.
The role will also be responsible for the day to day administrative task including staff rostering and shift coverage and requires experience in customer service and stakeholder management.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in a Team Leadership role within an aquatics setting. You will have experience with program coordination and management as well as extensive exposure to coordinating teaching and assessment activities and staff within a swim school.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supervise daily swim school operations to ensure a quality service
- Develop, plan, and implement swim programs aligned with SSCT Ethos, legislative, and industry guidelines
- Introduce new programs for MSAC swim school growth
- Collaborate with key stakeholders for industry recognition
- Oversee the progression of students through the Learn to Swim Program and support the transition into competitive Swim Squads
- Manage staff, teacher rostering, timesheets
- Oversee employee induction, performance reviews, and debt collection
- Ensure OHS and legislative compliance for SSCT facilities
- Address customer complaints, provide training, and liaise with Perfect Gym
- Facilitate cooperation with other departments for program bookings
Required skills and Qualifications:
- Current Austswim – Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety
- Austswim – Teacher of Infant Aquatics
- Provide First Aid
- Minimum two years’ experience in teaching and coaching swimming
- High degree of exposure to coordinating teaching and assessment activities and staff within a swim school
- High level of computer literacy, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Working with Children Check
- Staff coordination experience including rostering
- Perfect Gym Experience (desirable)
Why is this a great place to work?
- You will love working at Melbourne Sports Centres. Here’s just a few reasons why:
- Great staff benefits including free parking, performance gym membership, discounts at MSC food & beverage, retail outlets and complimentary court hire for casual bookings across the stadiums
- Family and friends’ discounts on performance gym membership
- Discounts on holiday programs and creche for financial dependents
- Flexible working hours
- You will be challenged daily and can develop yourself as a person as well as gaining valuable career skills
- We have a fantastic team of people who are great to work with
- Our mission is to help people to be excited about sport, engage in healthy activity and feel inspired to be their best. That is a rewarding thing to be a part of
- We are surrounded by elite athletes daily and you will support various elite sports and world class events
SSCT values diversity, is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and from people with disabilities. We aim to foster a culturally safe, child safe and child friendly environment for all children and young people we have contact with, deliver services to, or are visitors to our venues and facilities. Successful applicants will be required to provide a current Working with Children Check before being able to commence employment.
- Working with Children / Working with Vulnerable People Check
Please send through a resume and a cover letter to support your application for this role at Melbourne Sport Centres. We will be reviewing applications and commencing interviews as they come in, so please don’t delay in applying.
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Job date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 08:49:29 GMT
Apply for the job now!