Makeup and products thereof are prone to a wide array of bacteria. This doesn’t get better when people decide to share the makeup. Bacteria will pitch camp in many of these products breeding dire repercussions evident with infections.
The best thing is to take caution. The following are makeup safety tips that will allow people to enjoy their products and not have to worry about serious infections that may come courtesy of bacteria.
1. The first thing is to avoid sharing makeup especially eye products and lip products. This is because bacteria causing eye infections can easily be transmitted this way. Those who share lip gloss will risk getting cold sores as infections loom. Avoid this as much as possible.
2. When not in use, it is vital to keep the makeup covered tightly in their containers. This will see bacteria from the outside kept out or avoided as much as possible.
3. Cosmetics will come with preservatives which will kill bacteria. However, when direct sunlight hits these products, the preservatives might not work effectively. For this reason, it is crucial to avoid direct sunlight where these products are concerned.
4. Whenever you suffer eye infections like conjunctivitis or pink eye, never use the products at all. However, when they are used, throw them away after use.
5. These products should not have any liquid added to them. Not unless this is indicated, keep liquids far to avoid the infestation of bacteria.
6. When the makeup changes colour or is no longer as it used to be, the preservatives may have expired and this means that bacteria will thrive. Therefore, throw the products out get new ones.
Above tips for cosmetics safety are outlined by the US Food and Drug Administration FDA.
Application agents like powder puffs should be washed in warm water using a good soap to keep the bacteria risk at bay. There is great importance also in knowing how long different products should be used. Lipstick and foundation should be used for one year while mascara should be used for 3 months only. Powders and shadows will be best when used for 2 years.
These recommendations will promote health when observed.
Article Source by Emma Wanjiku