Job title: Ashurst Reach Legal Consultant – Senior Commercial Lawyer – Melbourne
Job description: About Ashurst:
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning more than 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Ashurst Reach is the firm’s dedicated flexible legal resourcing platform which provides the firm’s clients and Practice Groups within the firm with access to a high quality talent pool of lawyers and paralegals. We understand that our clients need access to highly qualified lawyers and paralegals, often at short notice and/or for short periods, whether that be to meet internal client demands, backfill leave, provide cover during recruitment or to assist with specialised projects. We deliver a seamless, fast and trusted solution to these issues.
Ashurst Reach is an integral part of the firm’s NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance. Our focus is solving our clients’ business problems through optimal efficiency, cost effectiveness and digitally innovative legal service delivery.
- 3 month contract (with possibility of extension)
- Full time
- This is an opportunity to join an organisation in the transport sector
- Build your portfolio legal career with this well-known and highly regarded team
Skills and Experience needed:
- Broad commercial/corporate experience gained through working in an in-house environment
- Ability to draft and negotiate complex agreements, and work with a busy and high performing business
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritise
- Ability to be “on the tools” and get involved with various matters across the business
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience
- The ability to understand and adapt to the needs of the business
- A current practising certificate
Why join Ashurst Reach?
Ashurst Reach offers our alumni, clients and other top-tier lawyers and paralegals the flexibility to choose how they work. Together we realise your professional goals in a flexible and supportive environment, providing you with career ownership and rewarding opportunities both in-house and within the firm.
We work with a pool of talented, Reach Legal Consultants, across a broad range of specialties. We strive to engage with legal consultants who are technically-savvy and commercially-focused while also being creative and adaptable, thriving in new environments.
There are several benefits of working as a consultant with Ashurst Reach:
- Flexible career options – Receive greater variety, choice and control over how and when you work, balancing career goals and lifestyle.
- Personalised service – Collaborate closely with Ashurst Reach to realise your professional goals.
- Top-tier support – Have the backing of a truly global firm with a reputation for high performance, a wealth of industry experience and a refreshingly open and diverse culture.
What to do now:
If you have the skills and experience for this role please apply and we will be in touch to discuss your application. If you want to find out more about this role or working with Ashurst Reach generally, please email Fiona Craig, our Talent Manager, at
Due to the volume of applications received, we will only respond to successful applicants.
Ashurst is committed to ensuring an accountable workplace culture. Candidates are encouraged to report any ethical or conduct concerns to our confidential email address:
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Job date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 03:43:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!