Job title: Allied Health Assistant – Grade 2
Company: Eastern Health
Job description: Position Title Allied Health Assistant – Grade 2
Employment Type Permanent Full Time
Location Eastern Health
Award Classification Health & Allied (04) Health and Allied Services, Managers and Administrative Workers (Victorian Public Sector) (Single Interest Employers) Enterprise Agreement 2021-2025 – Allied Health Assistant Grade 2
Hours (per fortnight) 80
Applications from Recruitment agencies will not be accepted
The successful applicant to this position will be required to undergo a pre-employment Police Check.
ALLIED HEALTH ASSISTANT – Grade 2
- Perm Full Time | Monthly day off
- Based at Wantirna Health but may be required to move around Eastern Health sites
- Part of the Physiotherapy team focused on providing care to older people undertaking rehabilitation
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
About the role
Join the physiotherapy and broader multidisciplinary team in delivering rehabilitation to older people following their acute hospital stay. Work with the team to deliver therapeutic interventions, support setup and maintenance of therapy spaces, liaise with the multidisciplinary team to support excellent care for patients at Eastern Health.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Certificate IV of Allied Health Assistant (or equivalent) from a registered training organisation
- Experience as an AHA, either employed or as a student, working in a healthcare environment
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Current Australian working visa
- Experience working within a geriatric rehabilitation setting (desirable)
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
Vaccination against infectious disease is a mandatory requirement of this role. An offer of employment is conditional on you providing evidence that you are currently vaccinated against COVID-19 with booster & Influenza, prior to commencing employment.
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range !
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today!
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health is a child safe organisation, committed to promoting the wellbeing and cultural safety of Aboriginal children, children with disabilities and all children in their diversity.
Eastern Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that welcomes and values all people. We recognise that diversity is essential in ensuring Eastern Health provides the best service to its consumers.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, women, those from the LGBTIQ+ community, people living with disability and those from a culturally and linguistically diverse background, are strongly encouraged to apply. Those seeking support in submitting an application are welcome to contact the hiring manager listed or feel free to contact the .
Values in Action: Respect for all | Safe always | Partnering in care | Learning and improving every day
**Please note applications will be screened upon receipt and advertising may close prior to the closing date.**
Selection Criteria Essential: Certificate IV (or equivalent) in Allied Health Assistance from a registered training organisation including training modules for Physiotherapy.
Essential: Experience as an AHA, either employed or as a student, working in a healthcare environment
Essential: Well developed verbal and written communication skills
Essential: Current Australian working visa
Desirable: Experience working within geriatric rehabilitation setting
Contact Person Lisa Done
Contact Number (04) 7826 9849
Alternate Contact Person Natole Jasonides
Alternate Contact Number (04) 0465 3933
Closing Date 23/02/2024
Position Description PD G2 AHA (1).pdf
Please note that this position will close at 11:45pm on the closing date.
Please ensure your application is added before this time as we do not accept late applications.
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Job date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 02:52:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!