Job title: Academic Programs Coordinator
Company: The University of Melbourne
Job description: Role type: Part-time (minimum 0.6 FTE) and full-time opportunities available; Continuing / Fixed-term
Faculty: Melbourne Dental School
Department/School: Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Salary: UOM 6 -$92,749 – $100,397 p.a. (pro rata for part-time) plus 17% super
- Make a significant contribution to the successful delivery of academic programs and a positive contribution to student success.
- Be part of a dynamic team and support the development of new and innovative practices that will foster growth andacademic excellence.
- Salary packaging, subsidised health and wellbeing services, fitness and cultural clubs, Myki discounts, and a 25% discount on graduate courses to our staff and their immediate families!
About the Role
Embark on an enriching career journey as an Academic Programs Coordinator with the Melbourne Dental School (MDS). As a critical member of the Academic Programs Team, you will play a pivotal role in planning and executing a diverse range of undergraduate and graduate dental programs. Operating with a high degree of autonomy under the guidance of the Academic Programs Manager, you will actively engage in various facets of academic administration, from student orientation to results processing, demonstrating your expertise in fostering collaborative relationships with stakeholders across the School, Faculty, and University.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Coordination of program administration for all components of the student lifecycle.
- Develop, plan and implement processes for clinical compliance, special consideration, Board of Examiners, academic progress and student misconduct and other projects.
- Working in partnership with lead academics by providing timely support and advice in relation to best practice and University policy and procedures.
Who We Are Looking For
You possess high-level organisational and problem-solving skills, excel in interpersonal communication, and thrive in proactive planning, supporting team dynamics, and continuous improvement
You will also have:
- A completed undergraduate degree with subsequent relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar administrative role that required coordination of a range of complex functions and provision of advice about policies and procedures.
- Highly developed computer literacy, including advanced use of MS Office suite, particularly Word and excel, and experience with other applications such as Qualtrics and Zoom.
- Proficient in the use of StudentOne or an equivalent ‘Student and Client management system’.
For further information regarding responsibilities and requirements, please refer to the attached PD.
This role requires that the successful candidate must undergo and maintain an up-to-date Working with Children Check. This is essential to guarantee a secure environment for all individuals at the University. In the case the selected candidate doesn’t have a valid Working with Children Check, they will be able to apply for the WWCC as part of the initial onboarding procedures.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This role requires current valid work rights for Australia.
Your New Team – Melbourne Dental School
The Melbourne Dental School has a strong tradition in dental research and an established international reputation in several research areas. Research in the School is an integral component of staff and student activities underpinning both the undergraduate and graduate curricula. The major research activities of the school are conducted via three divisions and four major research groups, which range translational biomedical science to clinical studies, pedagogical research. The Head of School joined the University of Melbourne in 2020 and is leading a program of change within the School focusing on strategic reviews of education, research and organisational structure, known as MDS’25.
What We Offer You!
In addition, we offer the opportunity to be part of a vibrant community and enjoy a range of benefits, including generous leave provisions, salary packaging, health and well-being services and discounts on graduate courses. For more information, check out page!
About the University of Melbourne
We’re tightly connected with the community, both at home and abroad. We take pride in our people, who all contribute to our mission to benefit society through the transformative impact of education and research. Discover more via and stay connected with our stories and people on .
The University of Melbourne values the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and welcomes and celebrates diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, parents, carers, people of all ages, abilities and genders, and people of diverse ethnicity, nationality and faith are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. For more information please visit page.
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require reasonable adjustments, please contact Kim Groizard at , with an email containing your name and contact details for a confidential discussion. Please ensure your email is titled “Reasonable Adjustments Request”.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We aspire to be the University of choice for Indigenous Australians, with unprecedented investment to attract, nurture and retain Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and staff. Tangible support through a range of programs and initiatives will ensure that you personally succeed and flourish while at the University of Melbourne.
For further information, including our 2023-2027 Indigenous strategy please visit –
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with the following documents:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and experience
- The responses against the Selection Criteria^ (found in the Position Description)
^For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please feel free to contact Tara via email at , ensuring that you include the Position Number and the Job Title as the subject. Please do not share your application to this email address.
If you have any particular questions regarding the job please follow the details listed on the Position Description.
Advertised: 29 Jan 2024 12:05 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 11 Feb 2024 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Expected salary: $92749 – 100397 per year
Location: Parkville, VIC
Job date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 23:27:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!