Job title: 2025 Graduate Software Engineer – Melbourne
Job description: Company Description
Award winning Graduate Program
Leidos Australia has been identified as a Top 100 Graduate Employer in Australia for the forth year in a row, and again ranked in the Top 5 for the Defence and Aerospace sector for the third year in a row by Prosple – So what makes our graduate program award winning?
- As a graduate you are employed on a permanent basis working on real projects as an embedded team member, and will spend the first 12 months on the graduate program.
- You will be allocated a ‘Leidos Purple Buddy’ to help get you settled in.
- You will attend a graduate specific induction along with monthly graduate catch ups as an opportunity to build connections internally and to learn more about the business.
- You will be offered a formal mentoring program to help grow your career and will undertake a number of professional development and training courses to get you upskilled.
- Access to over 100,000 online training and development courses through our the technical training portal Percipio.
- Support of advocacy groups including; The Young Professionals, Women and Allies Network, Allies & Action for Accessibility and Abilities, the Defence & Emergency Services and Pride+.
- Entitlement to one day a year of volunteer leave to support a cause you’re passionate about.
- Leidos is a family friendly certified organisation and we provide flexible work arrangements that are outcomes focused and may consist of; flexible work hours, Life Days (formally RDOs), Switch Days where you can switch a public holiday for an alternative days that means more to you, and a career break of between 3 months and 2 years to take time out from Leidos to explore other interests.
- Access to Reward Gateway to give upfront discounts or cashback rewards with over 400 Australian and International retailers.
What makes Leidos stand out?
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, civil and health markets. Leidos’ 46,000 employees globally support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
Leidos Australia has been a trusted partner to the Australian Government for over 25 years, having delivered some of the most complex software and systems integration projects in Australia. Led by a local leadership team, we deliver projects and services through five lines of business – Airborne Solutions, Civil Services & Projects, Defence Digital Solutions & Support, Defence Mission Systems and Intelligence (C4ISR) – supported by local corporate functions.
Leidos Australia’s government and defence customers enjoy the advantage of a 2000+ local workforce, backed by Leidos’ global expertise, experience and capabilities. With a focus on sovereign development and support, the company invests locally in R&D both directly and in combination with local Small and Medium Enterprises.
Your New Role
An average week for a Graduate Software Engineer could include a wide range of activities including:
- Liaising with system users to document a requirement or specification and understand their needs, goals, and any issues or limitations.
- Using your skills to undertake software analysis, design, development and testing of software.
- Solving complex problems using software related methodologies, processes, standards and tools.
- Translating and implementing simple development project requirements into physical database structures and code.
- Applying data analysis and data modelling techniques to establish, modify or maintain a data structure and its associated components.
- Analysing code and systems for potential security vulnerabilities and code to avoid accidental introduction of such vulnerabilities.
- Assisting in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to applications by correcting program errors, preparing instructions, analysing system capabilities and output requirements, in order to meet software standards.
- Working as part of a team in an Agile environment to contribute to the overall success of program delivery by working on individual activities and collaborating to come together using configuration and version control.
- Undertaking independent learning to improve your knowledge of software development.
Graduates will be supported to develop their skills and knowledge specific to this role, to ensure they are able to contribute and reach their highest potential. As a Leidos graduate, you will be working on interesting and challenging projects and will take part in a range of training and development opportunities.
About You and What You’ll Bring
This role is ideal for someone who is completing or has recently completed a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in a related discipline:
- Bachelor of Software Engineering
- Bachelor of Software Development
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Systems Engineering
Along with your education and any practical experience, Leidos values individuals who use their initiative and seek to understand the business and develop relationships based on respect.
Successful candidates must be Australian Citizens at the time of application to be eligible to obtain and maintain an Australian Government Security Clearance.
At Leidos, we proudly embrace diversity and support our people at every stage of their Leidos journey in terms of inclusion, accessibility and flexibility. We have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions. And at Leidos you’ll enjoy flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing, 12 weeks paid parental leave as a primary carer and more. We look forward to welcoming you.
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Job date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 03:55:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!