Is your bathroom cluttered up with all of your beauty products and hair accessories? Even if you don’t have much space in your closet, you can create a dressing area that helps you to reclaim your precious bathroom storage and stay organized in the process. Many women find that they collect a lot of little tiny things through the years, from hair pins to mascara, and keeping it organized can save you from clutter overload. In this article we’re going to discuss how you can keep those things together in one area, without using up a lot of space. Time to use those few precious bathroom drawers for other things!
1) You will need a garbage bag or wastebasket to get rid of the things that are expired or have been buried for a while. Just to give you an idea, mascara expires in six months, creams and foundations about twelve, eye shadows and powders around twenty-four months. If you keep your brushes and sponges very clean, they could last a little longer, but as a general rule, you should throw out any questionable items.
2) Take the things that you use the most and place them in a separate area. You can use shoe boxes to start categorizing what you want to keep readily available and what you want to be kept in your storage area. Make-up, medications, hair accessories, lotions, curlers, and whatever other categories of things you have should be separated. This should give you a good idea of how much space you’ll need for each item.
3) Find a small space to create your storage. Most people have an empty corner in the front of their closets. This is a great place to stash a few shelves where you can put bins, baskets, buckets, and other containers that keep things separated and neatly stowed away. You may want to use a bookshelf or other set of shelves just outside of your bathroom. If you want it to stay hidden, install a sheer curtain or other piece of fabric that will hide the stored items and keep your room looking neat.
4) Determine the best way to store or display each item in a small area. You may want to get creative with how you store things so that you can easily access them when you need them. Pencil drawer organizers are great for keeping lip pencils, eye liners, shadow brushes and other cylindrical items organized. Some even grip the pencils, so you can hang it on the wall if you’d like. Small hooks are great for hair ties and necklaces. Baskets that mount are great for storing your hair dryer, curling iron, or straightening iron so that the cords don’t get tangled or take up extra room.
5) If you’re building up this bathroom storage area, you may want to also install a wall-mount hanging bar. These are usually created for foyers or entryways, but they also work beautifully in bathrooms. You can put a few clothes hangers on it to hang your clothes that may be wrinkled in the steam of the shower. You can also get hangers, like coat hangers or wood hangers for other things, like your robe.
Article Source by Charlie Hafter