An easy diet plan to help you in the New Year.
Ok, so we have all eaten and tasted the Christmas cookies, everyone’s creations and purchases of specialty cakes and chocolates. Remember it’s not polite to refuse a gift! New Years Eve we had to have the champagne toast to bring in the New Year and once started it’s hard to stop!
So now what, if you are like me this two week holiday period always represents at least 10 pounds of new belly bulge to stretch those jeans just a little further.
But all is not lost. There are a few simple steps that you can take to encourage fat loss without having to make celery your food of choice!
Here is a list of foods, which I will call the fabulous fat burners, primarily because they keep you fuller longer and require more energy to digest: Fabulous Fat Burners:
- Oatmeal: It’s fiber-rich and provides that full feeling lasting long past the donuts lying on the table. Use berries to offer the necessary sweetness.
- Almonds and Nuts: Another tummy filler actually beats out rice cakes. Skip the salted ones and don’t overdue it so the calorie count stays low.
- Berries: Loads of fiber in these tiny packages
- Vegetables: Spinach and broccoli have high fiber content and very few calories. Start with a salad made with romaine, arugula or spinach and you will feel full thus allowing smaller portions for the rest of the meal. Avocados are another great source of fiber and make great additions in a salad.
- Beans: The best are: Lima, Kidney, White and Navy Beans. They are low in calorie count and contain plenty of protein and fiber. They help rid the fat, and assist in weight loss.
- Eggs: They have an important ingredient to metabolize fat, vitamin B12. People who eat eggs lose more weight than bagel eaters!
- Whole Grains: Another high fiber item which keeps you fuller, longer!
- Lean Meats and Fish: More calories are burned when digesting protein, so opt for turkey or fish, especially tuna or salmon. These fish also contain omega-3s which reduce stress chemicals to keep you leaner.
- Peanut Butter: It’s packed with niacin which aids in digestion and prevents that bloated belly. 2 tablespoons a day and all natural without any added sugar is the best.
- Dairy: Yogurt is packed with calcium which breaks down fat and may even prevent its accumulation. Pick low fat or fat free. Parmigiana cheese another calcium rich dairy product which activates the fat-burning hormones. Additionally, it is high in protein which will keep you fuller longer. A great add on to salads.
- Tea: The green variety is rich in antioxidants which speed up metabolism. Those who drink tea can burn up to 266 more calories per day. Try four cups a day.
- Protein Powder: It contains amino acids which burn fat. Add two teaspoons to a fruit, yogurt or low-fat smoothie for a fat-busting drink.
Negative Calorie Foods: What you say? Negative Calorie Foods?
This is a group of foods that actually require more energy to consume and digest than the calorie count actually in the foods themselves. So you can eat as much of these as you want.Some of them are also on the Fat Burning List so you will get both benefits in one food item. Many of these are great snack items. You can leave them around in bowls and baskets for the whole family.
Article Source by Donna L Thomas