Whether you’re planning a kid’s birthday celebration or wedding reception, you’ll have to make a decision about party favors. One of the most popular options for these little giveaways are candy bars covered with personalized wrappers. But is this a good idea for your occasion? Here are the pros and cons to consider when choosing these chocolate treats.
* Everyone likes chocolate. According to recent surveys, chocolate is the number one flavor of choice for people living in the United States. And the average American eats 10 -12 pounds of this treat every year. So, if you decide to give candy bars with personalized wrappers to your guests, they will undoubtedly appreciate the favors.
* They’re inexpensive, but not cheap looking. If you’re searching for party favors for your celebration that won’t break the bank, then these are a good way to go. You can get personalized candy wrappers with chocolate bars for under two dollars each. You don’t have to spend a lot, but it doesn’t look like you raided the dollar store, either.
* They can be customized. If you order from an online company, they can add your photo, change the font, include your message, transform the color and adapt the candy bar wrappers to fit your occasion.
* A variety of chocolate options are available. All kinds of candy bars in all sorts of sizes can be ordered with personalized wrappers. If you have a favorite, it shouldn’t be hard to find. Some business are offering Belgian chocolates. You can also find a few that work with a chocolatier to make your confection according to your specifications.
* You can make them yourself. Although there are plenty of companies that will produce these for you, this is one favor you might want to try creating. You can download a free printable wrapper from the internet, design one using software on your computer or use your scrapbooking skills to fashion one from scratch. Then just cut, wrap and glue.
* You’re not always guaranteed freshness. Yes, chocolate has a relatively long shelf life (about a year). But you may not know how long those candy bars have been hanging around the company’s warehouse. It’s important to buy from a reputable business or one that uses a chocolatier and makes the confections fresh for each customer.
* Chocolate bars can melt. This is especially a problem if you order these party favors during the summer or you live in a warmer climate.
* You may have to pay extra shipping. Since these treats can melt, you may want to arrange overnight delivery of your package, which costs more money. You may also need to add a cold pack with your candy or choose an insulating box. This can add to the expense, as well.
* They’re not exactly a keepsake. If you’re looking for favors that your guests will save as a reminder of your special occasion, then these aren’t for you. A few people might save the personalized wrapper and put it in a photo album or scrapbook. But most will just enjoy eating them and that will be end of it.
* You might need extras. People find chocolate irresistible. If you scatter these candy bars around, you might find them disappearing before the end of the party. Unless you have a way of placing them into goodie bags with individual’s names on them, it might be a good idea to buy more than you think you need.
If you’re looking for inexpensive party favors that everyone will really like, then chocolate bars with custom wrappers might be right for you. Browse online until you find the right company with great personalized designs or make then yourself. Just be aware that the candy should be fresh and protected from the heat. Although there are a few drawbacks, these treats are always a hit with guests.
Article Source by Linda Kling